Should I Stage my Home Before I sell?
Staging property before you sell can be a great way to increase the sales price of your home. NAR recently published it’s 2015 home staging report. It revealed that staging a home can increase the amount a buyer is willing to pay for a home by up to 1-5%. This is according to surveys taken by buyers agents. The results also showed that more than 30% of buyers are willing to pay more for a home that it staged. Of that 30%, about 15% revealed a 6-10% increase in price.
The report also revealed that the average cost of staging a home is around $700. But, if you are on a budget here are some ideas to help prepare your home to sell.
- A theme for each room can really add a nice touch, like theater decor in the media room, or a reading nook in a
child’s room or study area.
- Depersonalize the space so that potential buyers can visualize themselves in the home.
- The walls should be painted with soft colors, neutral
- You can rearrange the furniture in rooms to make the rooms look brighter and larger.
- Get a second opinion so that you will have an idea how buyers will see your home when they walk in.